Start your journey today! Check us out at 6236 Far Hills Avenue in Dayton, Ohio or call us at 937-436-9990.]]>
Missed the show? Interested in seeing yourself or a fellow student under pressure, check out the full graduation on livestream at the link below.
If you missed this exciting event of promotions, demonstrations, and freestyle knife defenses, check out the link below.
Watch your family and friends on livestream at the link below. Due to technical complications, there is not sound on this video clip.
Through Vajrakilaya “intention that pierces through obstacles like a dagger point” practice, you wake up and realize you are not some small ordinary being. At your most authentic, there is a part of you that is an imposing presence of the intense power of inherent enlightened nature. This part of you manifests as an uncompromising form that liberates negativity by nailing and overpowering its root causes. You fight ignorant fire with enlightened fire, negative force with enlightened force. Some can readily access this aspect of themselves. Others will need to work with increased concentration to find this inner potential.
We will offer 1 of a set of 4 special weekend seminars in Dayton August 18-19, 2012. Make your commitment to the joy of exploring your potential for greatness and enroll today to join us at the Dayton Quest Center this August.]]>
“What an amazing, life transforming weekend! The evidence was in the dojo Monday night. After an entire weekend training outdoors, grappling with sticks, being thrown in the mud, the classes were packed and everyone was super motivated! Thank you An-shu for a wonderful weekend!”
An-shu Stephen K. Hayes comments:
“I always get a charge out of training with the super students at the SKH Quest Center Chapel Hill. I truly enjoyed everyone’s determined participation and enthusiasm for getting the most out of our training together.
Congratulations as well to the newly graduated Black Belts. I was so happy to be there and see the demonstrations celebrating attainment of this meaningful milestone on the martial path.”
[Editor says: Visit An-shu's Hombu Dojo member forum for some notes from Winter Quest 2012 Kuki Shinden Ryu training. Not a member yet? It’s easy and only pennies per day.]]]>
Most of our classical ninja martial arts weapon training takes place in our special seminar series classes on Thursday evening. Here is a description of a fight training exercise from the Advanced Long Saff set. For coaching and personal instruction in this set, you can attend our next bojutsu class (check our schedule), study it on DVD, or take a private lesson on Skype.
The principle is to open him up for strikes; cause him to move in ways that leave him vulnerable
1. From left-forward ten-chi-jin no kamae, holding the bo in spear-grip, step forward with the right foot and reach towards the aggressor’s head with the bo to attract his attention; he has to defend or move or he will be hit.
2. The first move was just a ruse to distract his attention upward; you then execute a surprise do uchi strike to his right ribs from the left with your right foot still forward – no foot step in there at all.
3. Step back with your right foot to a left-forward gedan no kamae position with lowered bo extended behind your right leg.
4. Step forward with your right foot and hit the adversary’s left shin with a sune uchi ashi barai strike.
5. Without changing your footing, use your right hand to throw the bo over and downward with a tento men strike to the top of his head.
6. In conclusion, pull your right foot back to end up in left-forward ten-chi-jin no kamae, maintaining your awareness on possible next attacks from the field.]]>